Municipality of Witless Bay
Nominations of candidates for election to the council for the Municipality of Witless Bay will be received between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. on January 21, 2015 at the Witless Bay Town Hall.
Nominations shall be in writing and state the name and civic address of the candidate and shall be signed by the Proposer and Seconder both of whom shall be present together with the candidate who shall sign also signifying his/her acceptance. In the event that a candidate cannot be present for his/her nomination, his/her Proposer and Seconder can complete the required form.
Every candidate shall at the time of his/her nomination, deposit with the Returning Officer, the non-refundable sum of ten dollars ($10.00).
The qualifications of a candidate for election to council are as follows:
(1) Canadian Citizen of the full age of eighteen years.
(2) Resident of the municipality or area for at least 30 days immediately prior to the date set for the nomination period.
(3) Not indebted to the Council for any arrears of taxes or other charges.
(4) Not otherwise disqualified under the Municipal Elections Act.
Christmas Schedule in Middle of Home Page
Bay Bulls Waste Recovery Facilities Site is open to the public on Tuesdays & Thursdays from noon to 4:00 PM AND Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The following materials will be accepted at the waste recovery facilities:
- All non-hazardous, non-organic solid waste generated from domestic and smallbusiness sources.
- Small scale construction and demolition debris such as scrap wood and shingles. All construction and demolition debris must be no longer than 4 feet.
All inquiries relating to the garbage collection should be directed to the Eastern Waste Management Office at 725-6632.
Copyright ©2010 - Town of Witless Bay, NL